Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Status Update

While I've made a lot of progress with ECHO BASE, I still have quite a bit of work still to do on the software, as well as experiment with some hardware modifications.

The biggest issue is that the LTAR beacon triggers the Echo Base - not good.  The beacon signal on the LTAR is longer than the LTTO's beacon so my method for filtering out beacon noise needs to be modified.  I'm not too sure how long this will take but it's at the top of my list...

  1. Filter out LTAR beacon chatter
  2. Change Echo Base code to stay on base's color when healing, and not flash green
  3. Find a better way to blink the Echo Base when damaged
  4. Test the benefits of the low-ESR capacitor & 1k ohm resistor on the IR LED.
  5. Finalize all parts
  6. Create all necessary files for PCB fabrication

In the meantime, I've made some progress with the FERAL IR SENSOR project.  I was able to port the project over to the ATtiny85 microprocessor which has a much smaller footprint than the ATmega328 that the Echo Base uses.  However the code in my Feral IR Sensor also suffers from being triggered by the LTAR beacon.  Once I get this fixed, I have some cool ideas on how to encase these - just need a bit more research - and time.  Thanks to you who have donated. I really appreciate it!

Back to work!

No comments: