Thursday, March 28, 2013

Range Test


While I was play testing the Feral IR Sensor, I decided to do some range testing.  The LTTO gear gets about 300 feet in daylight.  The Feral IR sensor was registering hits as far away as 660 feet - from a Deluxe!  Not bad.  However this was not in full sun but in the shade - which will improve the range.  I'd like to do another test to see what the effect of full sunlight has on the sensor.

I've also made some design improvements. Once I finalize them I'll post updates here. One of them involves adding a piezo speaker/buzzer- which makes a BIG difference.  Now you can hear your sensor when you get out. Nice! I'll post more details and a video soon.

I'll also be making some adjustments to the code to make the health increments be randomly either 5, 10, 15 or 20 lives - with 5 and 20 being rare events.  (Before it was 3, 6, 9 or 12.) Increasing this should give it a better balance.  One person suggested I add a switch so you could play either fast or slow zombies.  While I like the idea, it will make it more complicated to build. I'm not too sure how to squeeze a switch into the already packed device.

Regardless, keep those comments and suggestions coming in. They're a huge help!

No comments: