Friday, March 1, 2013

IT'S ALIVE!!!

I found these push lights on sale for a dollar each so I bought a couple thinking it would make a great housing for ECHO BASE - and they're perfect! Check out the video...




The plug on the side is how you turn it off. Plug in the jack and the device turns off. To turn it on, simply unplug it.

I spent a lot of time today hand soldering on a perfboard. Never done that before, made a lot of mistakes. But after several hours at it, I've got a working ECHO BASE!  The picture here was before I soldered everything together.

My next step is to figure out how to inexpensively make circuit boards. I don't want to hand wire these of perfboard, since they'll take way too long.  This one took me all day to connect everything.  Probably the circuit board will be the most expensive part. We'll see how it goes.

Stay tuned!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This just keeps getting cooler. I am in awe of your creativity and persistence.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Work !

Unknown said...

Looks great Robert.

aarons102 said...

Can it do a 3 teams game?