Monday, February 11, 2013

Welcome!

This site is dedicated to expanding the capabilities of the official LAZER TAG gear with the ubiquitous Arduino micro-controller.  The devices listed on this site are concepts and over time I'll be showing my progress as I attempt to build them.  My vision is to give you instructions on how you can construct them yourself or possibly provide a kit for you to assemble.

I've been a Lazer Tag enthusiast since 1987 with the original WOW Lazer Tag system. However, this site will focus more on the modern LTTO, LTX and LTAR systems. While I would love for you to catch my vision for each concept item - I want to hear from YOU!  What features would you like to see? Do you have any ideas on how to implement them?  Please make full use of the FORUMS to voice your opinions. I am NOT a programming/electronics wiz - so any advice suggestions will be hugely instrumental to make these devices a reality.

If you wish to assist in any way with programming, electronic prototyping, PCB fabrication, final design concepts & construction- please let me know.  I'm happy to delegate any tasks to those who can help move these projects forward.

The micro-controller I'll be primarily using for these mods will be the Arduino.  There is so much support and web knowledge based on this popular chip. And for a novice like me, this will be essential.  As I gain more experience I may move on to other micro-controllers.

Great things ahead!

-Jammer