Friday, February 15, 2013

Parts ordered!

I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a bunch of stuff from MOUSER.  These parts will allow me to begin the design process for ECHO BASE as well as prototyping new projects.  I anticipate my shipment will get here next week.  So until then I'll be working on other aspects, such as experimenting with enclosure designs and sourcing Muriatic Acid to make my own PCB here at home.


There's also more work I'll be doing with the code.  A few minor things are bugging me, and I'd like to add sound.  Unfortunately all my attempts in adding audio had resulted in something going wrong with other parts of the sketch.  Sound is not a BIG deal - so if I can't get it working for the first "MkI" version, I won't sweat it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are interested, I know of some good PCB tutorials to send to a cheap fabrication house like OSH Park where the min order is only 3.
http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/108

Jammer said...

Great tutorial! I'll take a closer look at it. I'm not sure at this point how to make my PCBs, either homemade or through a service. I'll be running some experiements with what kind of damage, er I mean progress I can make. the goal is to keep the costs as low as possible. Homemade will take longer, but I don't quite know how much longer. I need to run some test to see just how feasable.