Monday, April 20, 2015

Reflow Oven Assembled!

I have found a good speaker replacement for the Zombie Sensor and hope to be making more soon. In the past, Dustin Westaby has graciously agreed to put these together. But unfortunatly he does not have the time to make any more. So I'll be taking on the task. Since some of the parts include tiny SMD parts, I've decided to construct my own Reflow Oven. I just finished the assembly today and it works great! For the reflow controls, I went with the Arduino based Rocket Scream Reflow Oven Controller.  And here's some picts of the final project...




And what's nice about this oven is that I can toast me a nice grilled cheese sandwich as I reflow solder paste to my Zombie Sensors! I hope to be making these Zombie Sensor soon. Once they're ready, I'll be posting to this blog. (Sorry - grilled cheese sandwiches will not be for sale .)

1 comment:

Bryan said...

How cool you turned your toaster oven in to a reflow oven! Hey I have some questions for you about using the LTAR together with your Echo base concept. Is this a good place to ask them? should I message you on the facebook page? Whatever your preference. Your ideas and prototypes are top notch by the way. Super impressive. Thanks for all the creativity you've brought to lazer tag!