Wednesday, July 17, 2013

TagFest or Bust

We've been busy getting our devices ready for TagFest which starts on July 19th in Eugene Oregon. At the event we'll be demoing all three gadgets, the Echo Base, Feral IR Sensor and the Nomad.

The Echo Base microcontroller is giving me troubles - I'm hoping to have this fixed in time. I'm looking forward to the interesting games these devices will give us.

The Feral IR Sensors are running perfectly. I'll have 30 units on hand for us to play test and perhaps even sell at the event.  Very much looking forward using these at night for those dark Zombie games!

And the NOMAD, portable hosting station, will also be making it's first public appearance. The picture here is the current design. I'll hopefully have time to take pictures. Look for updates after the event. Exciting stuff!  

8 comments:

James said...

Very cool, especially excited that this is done using Arduino so I can understand the backend.

Cabe said...

Same, looking good Jammer.

Shannon Bruzelius said...

couldn't make it to tag fest (anniversary weekend) but am super excited about this project and really want one! How did it perform?

Treadhead said...

I'm very interested in the Feral IR sensor, I need something simple that acts like a target, one shot one kill for a zombie survival game. Are you planning on selling these or can you recommend a list of items for DIY, or is this your trade secret :-)

Jammer said...

My plan is to make a small batch and sell them here and/or make kits so you can assemble them yourself. Haven't had any time to take the next steps, hopefully next month I'll be able to move forward with this. Keep checking this site for the latest info. Thanks again for your interest!

Treadhead said...

I am running a milestag system, do you think it will work together if I put the IR receiver on your device that works with my tagger?
Thanks

Jammer said...

I don't have any milestag gear to test it with. Is that the same as WOW? If so, I have an old WOW StarLight that might work. Plus I would need the technical specs on what the tag signature looks like so I can have the sensor react to it. As it is now, it only reacts to LTTO/LTX/LTAR tag signatures. Do you have any tech info you can send me? Email is rwb134 -at- gmail -dot- com.

David Warp said...

Take my money!!!